Thursday, July 17, 2008

Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie

Today is the big day.  Clint and I will officially be grandparents!!! 

I never imagined I'd be 30 with a grandchild, but here I am.  It just goes to show you can't control your kids.  You can only control the type of environment you provide for them when you are around them.  It is hard to be a parent, but even more so when you have an ex who also has their own environment to contribute to the kid.  Unfortunately today, this is all too common.  Divorce is more than likely when people enter a marriage these days.  It is a sad, sad fact of life.  I'll get off my soap box for now.  :)  I'll save all the good stuff for my book (which I'm probably never going to get around to writing). 

Summer will be an aunt today at the age of 26 months to a nephew:  Jaycee Leelan Cobb.  At least that was the name before they went into the hospital to be induced last night.  We'll see if they stick to it or not.  We've already gotten a phone call requesting we bring a baby name book with us, but I don't have one here to take.  I doubt they will change it at this point, but consistency is not really common among this bunch.  Oh I could go on and on.  But, I won't.  Not that you would want to hear about all my crazy drama anywayLOL

Summer is napping getting ready to go to the hospital later.  She has already told me that she would like to hold the baby, so we will see if that really happens or not.  I am going to take my camera to the hospital just in case though so I can put the pic up here for everyone to see my new grandson.  Holy crap.....I can't believe I'm a grandma!

No comments: