Thursday, December 21, 2006

She's wants her mommy!

Summer has not been feeling good since Tuesday.  It is actually the first time she has been sick.  She had a runny nose so I called the doctor to see what I needed to do.  They said to suction her nose and put some saline drops in it.  I decided to put that off as a last resort because I knew it would not be a good experience for me or Summer.  That night she woke up at 11:00 crying... I think because she couldn't breath very well.  Clint went and got her and brought her down to our bedroom to sleep in her pack-n-play.  She woke up a few times which kept Clint and I up quite a bit that night.  Around 3:00 she woke up crying again.  This time I decided to use the suction and saline.  I was right about it not being a pleasurable experience, but it might have helped...not sure.  I went ahead and fed her and finally got her back to bed around 4:00.  It was the first time she has kept us up at night so I guess we are lucky.  All day yesterday, she wanted me to hold her...she did NOT want to play in the floor by herself.  It was actually nice since I was staying home anyway.  We sat on the couch and she fell asleep on me while I watched TV.  I called the doctor to make sure I didn't need to bring her in since she had started coughing too.  They said I didn't unless she had a fever.  When I talked to my pediatrician at my Jazzercise class, (aren't I lucky to work out with my pediatrician?) she said there is no way she would take the baby in because there are so many germs at the dr. office right now.  She also said I could try elevating one end of the bed while she sleeps to see if that might help her breath better. 

Clint and I went to workout at 3:00 and Summer still insisted on being held.  So we passed her back and forth while the other did their set.  We actually had gotten a babysitter for the evening, but decided it was not worth it to leave her with them.  So, we went out to eat with them instead.  She fell asleep on me while we were waiting for our food, so I put her in her car seat.  Before I was finished eating, she woke up and wanted me to hold her again.  Then she started coughing and I felt so bad for her.  Needless to say, that is where we ended out evening out  We came home, fed her and put her to bed. She woke up a few times during the night, but fell back to sleep until about 4:00.  I got up and fed her and she went back to sleep for about an hour.  Then she was up crying around 5:30, so I brought her to bed with me and she slept on my chest for about 2 hours.  She woke up crying again and I decided to just give up on sleeping and took her into the living room to play.  It was actually not that bad of a night...it was better than the night before at least for Clint and I.  We went to bed before 9:00 anyway so we got plenty of sleep.  I have suctioned her a few more times which she does not like AT ALL, but I gotta do what I gotta do, right?  Hopefully she will start feeling better and not get any worse.  She did actually play in the floor for a little while this morning while I ate breakfast and did a few chores.  I hope she is good the rest of the day because my sister and her kids are on there way up here to make cookies and stuff.  Let's hope she likes to play with her cousins as much as she likes me to hold her....we can only hope........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sloan acted the same way when she was sick last month. And she stayed off schedule for about three weeks after. We did the same things though: saline spray, pillow under her sheet, nose pump (they all hate the nose pump)