Monday, June 5, 2006

Hold me Mommy!

Today has been one of those days where Summer just wanted to be held and eat all day.  She also spat up a few times and I'm not sure if it is because of eating so often (but not much) or if she just doesn't feel good.  Right now she is in her bed crying, but I have got to get her to sleep at some point.  If I wait until we are in the bed trying to sleep, I know Clint or I will end up picking her up.  She has been awake most of the day which surprises me.  She is usually up for 3 to 5 hours a day.  Every time I would get her to sleep, she would wake up shortly after I laid her down.  It is so hard  not to pick her up...I try to let her cry it out, but a lot of the time I end up picking her up.  Hopefully, right now will not be one of those times, but we'll have to wait and see.  She is so precious that myself and her daddy have a hard time just letting her lay there and cry.  I guess we are spoiling her which is going to end up being hard on us...if it isn't already!  I did get to take a short nap today with her laying beside me.  She didn't sleep, but she didn't fuss either because I was right there beside her.  It is funny how she just wants/needs to be close to you to be fine.  But, once you step away, she starts getting upset.  Yeah, I guess she is spoiled already.  I am going to have to work on that.......I am worried that she will be up every two hours tonight because she has eaten at least that often today...maybe even more frequently.  She usually goes 3-4 hours at night so hopefully tonight will not be any different. 

She is growing so much.  I can't believe how big she is getting.  It seems like yesterday she was so little and today she is so big.  I really wish I knew how much she weighed, but the doctor did not weigh her last week.  When we go back this week, we will have to make sure we weigh her.  Her belly looks almost completely healed...at least to me it does.  She is still on her antibiotics, and I can't wait until she is off of them.  They are really messing her tummy up which in turn has caused a nasty diaper rash/raw butt.  I think it may be starting to clear up since I started using petroleum jelly instead of the Desitin.  

Clint took Summer strolling around the neighborhood this evening.  I joined him after I finished a few chores.  We went strolling last night too.  When we were driving in from our trip to the park yesterday, we saw a few neighbors outside talking so Clint suggested we go see them.  We loaded Summer up in the stroller and headed down the street.  It was nice to talk to everyone and let them admire Summer.  She is so adorable and it is fun to show her off.  We really have good neighbors and that is one thing we will miss when we move. 

Tomorrow I think I am going to take Summer to get her picture made.  She will be one month old, so I want to capture her image so I won't ever forget how little she is right now.  I am going to take her picture every month because my mother in law got us a clock that holds a picture for every hour.  So, we will have Summer's 1st year on display for many years to come.  I haven't decided what outfit she is going to wear yet...it is going to be hard.  But, hopefully when I start getting her dressed tomorrow it will just come to me.

I also wanted to mention how much she enjoys bathtime.  She is so content when I am giving her a bath which makes me really happy.  Bathtime is one of the things I look forward to at the end of the day.  I don't give her a bath every day, but if I had time I probably would.  It is just a relaxing time for me because she seems to enjoy it so much.  I hope this will continue as she gets older. 

Well, I guess that is about it for now.  Enjoy the pics.  They are just a few of the MANY I have taken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello - I've been lurking for the past few weeks and have even left a comment or two.  I have two children and wanted to let you know that its really smart to get pictures taken every month of Summer.  I was good with getting pictures of my first but only have one or two professional of my second.  I can't wait to see the new pictures of Summer, its hard to believe she's already a month.  Take care...  Leene  

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! She must be a blast!!  I am glad her belly is doing better.

Anonymous said...

I've read that you shouldn't let a baby cry it out before they are at least three months old - at this point, you wouldn't be spoiling her, you'd be teacher her she can rely on you to meet her needs. So by all means, in my opinion, pick that gorgeous baby up!! :)

~Danielle