Wednesday, October 5, 2005

My First Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday, my husband and I went to our first doctor's appointment.  The doctor said I am about 8 weeks pregnant and that the baby is due May 16.  He tried to hear the baby's heartbeat, but it was too early.  So, we have to go back in two weeks so he can try again.  Of course, I forgot most of the questions I had been wanting to ask because I did not write them down...lesson learned.  Except, today I thought of something I want to ask, but I did not write it down and have already forgotten what it was...not sure I really learned anything.  But, I am going to make an effort to write my ?'s down.  One funny thing about the visit...I guess it was my husband's first time in a examination room at a gynecologist.  So, we go in there and I am getting undressed.  He looks at the table (w/ the stirrups) and says, "Do they deliver babies back here?"  I couldn't stop laughing.  Needless to say, the stirrups freaked him out a little bit and I told him he could go back out front until I went to talk to the doctor (I had to have my yearly exam, so I didn't want to make him stay for that).  When the nurse and doctor came back there, I was still laughing to myself and had to tell them the story.  I must say it was the thing I will remember most about the visit.  Anyway, everything looked good.  I can't wait to go back in two weeks to hear the heartbeat.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I know this time can "seem" like it's going slow, but beleive me in no time you'll look in the mirror and think...it's only 2 more months before the baby is here and I haven't done a thing! (that's what happened to me with my first baby)  I just found out I'm pregnant too and I'm also 8 weeks, my due date is May 22.  We just had our first ultrasound yesterday and we were BARELY able to hear the heartbeat.  I mean the technician spent about 5 minutes trying to zoom in on it because the baby is still so tiny.  We rented one of the little machines that the DR has in their office but we've not been able to pick up the heartbeat with that machine. I guess it's just not sensitive enough to pick up that tiny heartbeat.  But I'm sure you will hear it when you go back in two weeks and it is the most exciting thing in the world! =)    Anyway, I've already rambled on enough.  I hope you are not suffering through nausea or vomiting and I'll keep my fingers crossed so you guys can hear the baby's hearbeat on your next visit.
Congrats,
Katia