Friday, October 22, 2010

The sweetest girl



Summer has been asking all week if she was going to get to go to my birthday party. She doesn't understand yet that adults don't always have actual birthday parties filled with fun activities. So, of course, I could not disappoint her by not having one and inviting her. When I told her to get dressed yesterday morning, she ran to find the perfect outfit for my birthday. I was surprised by her choice, but she, as usual, looked beautiful. When I first bought the dress, she didn't like it. But, I guess with time her taste has changed.

We had some fun jumping in an inflatable. No, 33 is not too old for that!
She wanted to pose on the cow furniture.
The main event was at Las Margaritas. Summer and Lexie ate two things of cheese dip. Summer gave Memaw the thumbs up on getting me a cake. However, instead of eating it, she mixed it and a cupcake up into a colorful, mushy mess.
The card my mom picked out from Summer was so sweet and really meant a lot to me. It made me feel like I am doing a great job parenting her. It could've only been more special if Summer picked it herself, but she can't read yet. She did sign it and drew a few hearts on it. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful daughter who didn't want to miss a bit of my birthday. Today, she wanted to make some muffins and was going to do it by herself since it is my birthday. Looks like I could milk this one for a long time with her.

2 comments:

Susie said...

That was sweet of her to think of you on your birthday!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Happy Birthday!! And man oh man has her hair grown out beautifully!!