Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Days full of laughter

The past few days have been wonderful. Lots of laughter going on between Summer and myself. She really likes to play chase, and I have found it to be pretty fun myself. Just be careful if you are running on the hardwood floors in socks! We haven't really played that yet today (although she has asked a few times), but we did go down to the water in front of the aquarium and play for a while. Lots of jumping and splashing and laughing....FUN!!! It is so good to see her looking healthy and enjoying life to its fullest like a little girl should.

Yesterday, we were cooking something and she was either eating Parmesan cheese or angel food cake batter and she said, "It keeps getting gooder and gooder." Of course, I took the time to try to teach her it was better and better. We'll see if it sticks. In addition to the angel food cake, we made home made lasagna. She helped me stir up the eggs and cheese and also put the noodles into the pan when it was time. I just love spending time like that together. I hope she gets to grow up and use these cooking skills she is learning. :***( I don't usually think those hard, sad thoughts, but sometimes when life is feeling good I wonder if it will last.

She just went down for a nap, and I think Lexie may be on the way here. It will be fun to play with a baby for a while. I may never get another of my own, so I gotta enjoy the grandchild. It is still hard for me to believe I am a grandmother (thanks to my stepdaughter, Amanda). Lexie is a doll and I wouldn't trade her for any other. I still haven't picked out an official grandma name, but I think we are leaning towards Lolly right now. Granny just doesn't fit although I've been called it plenty of times by envious friends without grandchildren of their own. LOL Okay, they were probably not so jealous.

I am hoping the rest of the week continues with us all feeling healthy and happy. I am so thankful we were blessed with this extra week of her feeling good. I don't think I could ever get tired of that.

8 comments:

-*aMaNdA*- said...

haha-- YES I KNOW. today when I was getting out of the car with Lexie to bring her up to u all I said are u ready to c your lolly and popS? and.. i was thinking... hmm.. I wonder if thats still what they wanna be calledd.- so thats what I have been leaning towards without any other ideas.. ha..
well lemme knw if u change ur mINd.

Susie said...

Wow!! That sounds like you both had a fantastic fun time. Days like these makes it so much easier to go through the bad. Keep thinking there is not much longer with the treatments. Then I will keep praying that you will have many more days of laughing.One day she will be a mom and make you a grandma and you will wonder where the time went.So enjoy the time she is young.

Stephanie said...

Wow...I must be out of it because I didn't know you had a granddaughter. You are way too young to be a grandmother :) I love Lolly though!!!!!! Beautiful name!

Hope you and Summer enjoy your time together....it's times like those that stick with us and make the difficult ones alittle easier to get through.

Kristi said...

Wow, I didn't realize you were a grandmother! Lolly is cute! I can totally understand not liking the idea of being a Granny, lol. You are way too young for that. I don't think I ever want to go by that even when I am 60. We use Nana in our family and it just doesn't sound as ancient. Oh, and I just now saw Amanda's response to you about "Lolly and Pops." Ha! That's great! It would make me giggle every time I heard it.

It is so wonderful to hear Summer doing so great right now! I love it! I know it has got be hard to not let those bad thoughts creep in, but I just know Summer is going to beat this and it will all be a distant memory soon enough.

As always, praying...

Molly said...

I'm with you in terms of thinking those sad thoughts sometimes. But also loving the good times. And chasing the little bald kid around. Mine, not yours, although I'm sure we would have a great time.

By the way, if Summer is still into YouTube, ny husband posts lots of David-cam. His username is chucksax.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

It would be hard to not let those thoughts into your head. Shoot, those thoughts are often in MY head and my kids aren't fighting any diseases off! There aren't any guarantees in life and it kind of sucks. But it also makes you appreciate what we have while we have it, you know?

Lolly and Pops is a cute combo. :)

Stephy said...

Hey just think my poor Mother in law is Grandma Hippo's because she had the hungry hippos game LOL. And my well the woman that birthed me was Grandma sassy girl because she had a cat named Sassy girl LOL.
For awhile Caleb did call them all amma.

Stephy

Bridgett said...

"Gooder and gooder."

LOL Gotta love it!

I've always wondered how you were a grandma!!!

XOXO