Friday, March 31, 2006

Counting the days....

This morning when we woke up, Clint says, "You're one day closer to having the baby."  I guess that is true, but we are anxious for her to be here.  He keeps telling me to just pop her out.  He's like lets just go to the hospital and have her.  I tell him they would just send us home.  But, then when I want her to come out, he changes his tune a little and says she's not ready yet.  It's funny.  I feel like I am growing every day...I probably am.  I got a little stretch mark on my belly button, and everyone is trying to tell me it is not a stretch mark.  But, it looks like it to me because the skin is a different texture than the skin around it.  I have been putting Mederma on it a couple of times a day.  Thank goodness I have not gotten any more any where else on my body.  I just put some Vitamen E oil on my belly a few minutes ago, and it is all shiny and slimy (I do this every night before I go to bed).  Then when I get up, I put Paulmer's lotion for stretch marks on...and also after I shower.  I guess this is working for me so far.  I hope it continues. 

Summer is moving a lot every day which is normal.  She has been for a month or so, but now you can see her movements better.  Sometimes I look down at my belly and it is almost as if I can see her heartbeat because my stomach is moving up and down like what you would expect a little heartbeat to look like.  I'm not sure if that is what it is though. 

The other day, Clint read her "The Cat in the Hat" by Dr. Suess out of her new book.  It was sweet.  I have been telling him he needs to read to her or sing her a song for about a week.  Anyway, we were laying in the bed the other day and he went and got the book without me saying anything.  Then he opened it up and started reading it to her.  Then a day or so later, I got up early and read her a few nursery rhymes.  I read in a magazine that it hasn't been proven that playing music for the baby has any effect on them being smarter, but the music might help to calm them after they are born.  The article also said if you read the same stories to the baby, she will have a preference for them as a child.  I thought that was neat, so that is why I wanted Clint and myself to start reading to her. 

I finally have all of her clothes washed that we have so far.  I still haven't done the blankets or crib sheets yet.  But, I am slowly getting everything ready for her arrival.  I returned some duplicate things that I got at my shower and got other things that I will need.  I want to get the diaper bags ready, but I'm not really sure what exactly to put in them.  I will probably pack my bag for the hospitial soon that way if I do happen to go into labor early, it will be ready.  It is funny because they say to bring a couple of gowns to the hospital, but I don't think I have any.  I also don't have a nursing bra yet...I really need to get one of those.  They also say to pack maternity panties, but I just wear the same panties I always have, so they will have to do.  Anyways, I guess I'll go for now.  46 days and counting.........

No comments: